An important hospital in the South of Ireland requires a Consultant in Microbiology for 1 year. The hospital provides acute services and has 377 beds .It is a university hospital with a large acute hospital situated in Tralee. It is the third largest of the southern areas of seven acute hospitals . They provide emergency and unplanned specialist care 24 hours a day, every day of the year. From that core is built a comprehensive medical, surgical investigation, diagnosis and treatment for physical illnesses or conditions, injuries or disease for adults and children. Further specialisation is delivered in a small number of areas e.g. care of those with cancer, renal dialysis care. The breath and depth of services the hospital supports a holistic “whole patient” approach to care by allowing immediate and easy involvement of different specialists in any patient’s care.
- Initial contract of 1year. With a possibility of extension.
- Approximate net monthly salary of 6500-7500€ net/month after tax and pension deductions for Consultant positions. Could have the possibility to earn more money through private patients attending the hospital. Typical long term Consultants in Ireland are earning in excess of 10.000€ net/month (approximately 200.000€ gross/year).
- 31 working days per Year holidays for Consultants+ public holidays (there is 9 in a year).
- 7 study days leave per year to attend conferences or further education for Consultants.
- Up to 3000€ for educational funding for Consultants.
- Lucrative pension scheme included.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Should be on the Specialist registrar of the Irish Medical Council for Microbiology.
- Have a very good command of written and spoken English.
- Good motivation to go to Ireland to work as a doctor ASAP if comming from abroad.
- At least 6-7 years experience in Microbiology is required (including your training years).
- Irish and/or UK experience is recomendable although not essential.
All candidates who are interested should send a detailed CV in English ASAP to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Extra and more precise information on the job places will be given once we receive the CVs. Application end date: November 2021