The Mascareñas' group (www.metbiocat.eu) is hiring
Are you looking for new challenges in research at the interface of biology, chemistry, and biomedicine? Don’t' miss this opportunity to learn and work in a highly prestigious multidisciplinary team, in the cutting‐edge environment of CiQUS
Description of the offer
Topic: “Metal-mediated catalysis in biological settings” (Prof. José Luis Mascareñas).
Research Center: CiQUS (www.usc.es/ciqus/en), University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain).
Group: Metbiocat (metbiocat.eu).
Starting Date: April/May 2023.
Terms and conditions: Fulltime, up to three years contract.
Research work: Interdisciplinary project in collaboration with synthetic chemists and chemical biologists to develop metallocatalysts for biological purposes, funded by the ISCIII and the AEI.
• PhD in Biology, Biomedicine, Biotechnology or related.
• Expertise in Cell and Molecular Biology.
• Proven experience in microscopy.
• International postdoctoral experience.
• Excellent academic and scientific record, with publications in top journals as main author.
• Passion, initiative, and team‐working ability.
• Some background in chemistry and chemical biology.
• Strong commitment for scientific excellence in a highly competitive environment is a must.
3 years of funding with a competitive salary, starting from the corresponding to USC “Investigador Asociado 2021” category.
Application will be open until April 14th, 2023. Candidatures will be considered on a rolling basis – since we aim to start this position as soon as possible –.
If you are interested, write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org sending a motivation letter and a brief CV (max. 4 pages), indicating in the subject “Bio-PD EoI @metbiocat”. The name and email of two contacting professors or researchers that know the candidate should be provided