This website is owned by the SPANISH SOCIETY OF MICROBIOLOGY, whose identification data are the following:
- Center for Biological Research (CIB-CSIC)
- c / Ramiro de Maeztu, 9 28040 Madrid.
- Tel. 91 561 33 81 – Fax. 91 561 32 99
- National Registry of Associations with the national number 579
- CIF: G28648871
1. INFORMATION AND CONSENT.
2. OBLIGATORY TO PROVIDE THE DATA.
The data requested in the web forms are generally mandatory (unless otherwise specified in the required field) to fulfill the established purposes. Therefore, if they are not provided or are not provided correctly, they will not be able to be attended to, without prejudice to the fact that you can freely view the content of the Website.
3. FOR WHAT PURPOSE WILL THE USER'S PERSONAL DATA BE PROCESSED AND FOR HOW LONG?
The personal data provided through the Website will be processed by SEM in accordance with the following purposes:
- Manage and process the registration requests of new members, from the "new members" forms, as well as manage the fees and derived charges.
- Periodically send members, including by electronic means, information, events or news that may be of interest to them, if the future member gives their consent by checking the corresponding check box, or, where appropriate, opposes or revokes their consent.
4. WHAT USER DATA WILL BE PROCESSED?
SEM will process the following categories of User data:
- Identification data: name, surname and ID.
- Contact information: postal address, email address and telephone.
- Professional data: workplace and professional contact details.
- Academic data: degree and specialization.
- Billing information.
5. WHAT IS THE LEGITIMATION OF THE PROCESSING OF USER DATA?
The treatment of the User's data by the SEM is based on the consent that is requested and that you can withdraw at any time. However, in case of withdrawing your consent, this will not affect the legality of the treatments carried out previously.
The consents obtained for the aforementioned purposes are independent so that the User may revoke only one of them, not affecting the others.
6. TO WHICH RECIPIENTS WILL THE USER DATA BE COMMUNICATED?
The data of the partners may be communicated to the following companies in the cases indicated:
• To the corresponding banking entities in order to manage the collection of direct debit bills.
The User's data will not be communicated to any other entity, except legal obligation.
7. RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER.
The User and the Candidate for membership:
– You guarantee that you are over 18 years of age and that the data you provide to the SEM is true, accurate, complete and up-to-date. For these purposes, the User is responsible for the veracity of all the data that he communicates and will keep the information provided suitably updated, in such a way that it responds to his real situation.
– You will be responsible for the false or inaccurate information that you provide through the Website and for the damages, direct or indirect, that this causes to the SEM or to third parties.
One of the purposes for which the SEM processes the personal data provided by Users is to send them electronic communications with information related to congresses and other events, grant programs, scientific dissemination, awards or relevant news for the recipients.
In the event that the recipient wishes to stop receiving informative communications from the SEM, they can request the cancellation of the service by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link included in the communications.
9. EXERCISE OF RIGHTS.
The User can send a letter at any time and free of charge to the SEM, Center for Biological Research (CIB-CSIC) – c / Ramiro de Maeztu, 9 28040 Madrid, attaching a photocopy of your identity document, to request your rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation, portability of your data.
You can also complain to the Spanish Agency for Data Protection, through the following address: Spanish Agency for Data Protection, C / Jorge Juan, 6, 28001-Madrid, when the interested party considers that the SEM has violated the rights that They are recognized by the applicable regulations on data protection.
10. SECURITY MEASURES.
The SEM will treat the data of Users, Candidates and Partners at all times in an absolutely confidential manner and keeping the mandatory duty of secrecy regarding them, in accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulations, adopting technical measures and measures for this purpose. necessary organizational measures that guarantee the security of your data and prevent its alteration, loss, treatment or unauthorized access, taking into account the state of technology, the nature of the stored data and the risks to which they are exposed.